I n D e t a i l
The experience begins right at the airport where your Personal Concierge and chauffeur will welcome you and then drive you home to Mandalay. You will soon escape from the tourists and the traffic into the real Bali, passing beautiful rice terraces, jungle and pristine Balinese villages before turning off down a hidden lane shaded by a canopy of towering trees and bamboo to emerge into an oasis. Here you will find Mandalay waiting for you.
T h e P l a c e
- A stunning location enjoying 450m2 / 4,850 ft 2 on top of a small drop-off, giving magnificent tree-top level views across jungle, rice terraces, mountains and a small river.
- Either two or three double-bedroom suites (if the option to convert the Wellness Kamar into a bedroom is chosen) with walk-in wardrobes and en-suite bathrooms. All bedrooms have spectacular views and the Master and third bedrooms enjoy large fan-cooled terraces. Extra beds, both single and double, can be arranged at no additional charge.
- A large open-plan living and dining area opening directly onto the swimming pool and sun deck.
- A Wellness Kamar equipped with professional Jari Menari massage tables, yoga mats, meditation cushions and exercise equipment, just two steps across the coi pond from the main villa. You can retreat here to enjoy massage, yoga, meditation and other private treatments and classes selected from your in-villa wellness menu. And for any treatment or class that’s not on the menu, your Personal Concierge will do her very best to organise it for you.
- A study with luxurious leather furniture and a library.
- A fully-equipped modern kitchen and an outdoor barbecue grill.
- A magnificent 8m x 4m (26ft x 13ft) swimming pool on the edge of the drop-off with awesome views, a sundeck with luxurious loungers, a fan-cooled pavilion and seating area and an outdoor tropical shower.
- A tranquil and secluded kitchen terrace garden and dining area.
- A beautifully manicured tropical garden with coi pond (visible from the main living area) and water features.
- A variety of relaxation areas, both inside and outside, where you can unwind, read, or take that well-deserved siesta.
- A choice of dining areas, each with its own particular charm, from the seclusion and quiet of the kitchen terrace garden, to the pool and jungle views of the bale pavilion, to the colonial-style elegance of the upstairs terrace.
- Furniture and furnishings are of the highest standard and have all been personally selected by the owners. Along with stylish and comfortable modern pieces, they include a number of outstanding items such as a dining table crafted from a carved Rajasthani door and imported from India, an exquisite hundred-year old Javanese Buddha, a Tibetan Prayer Wheel, and traditional Balinese wedding statues dating from the early 1900s. These are complemented by exquisite contemporary artwork specially commissioned from local painters.
- All of the rooms and living areas can be opened up to enjoy tropical open-air living or closed and fully air-conditioned via our in-house Eco Patrol system.
- All terraces and the bale pavilion are equipped with cooling fans.
T h e S e r v i c e
- A Personal Concierge to assist you in each and every aspect of your stay in Bali and dedicated to getting you anything that you could wish for. Please note that no commission is taken by us from the providers of outside services organised by your Concierge - simply we get you the best available services at the best possible prices, passing on any commissions offered to us as price reductions to you. Your Concierge is also there to ensure that you enjoy Mandalay your way – making certain that service is customised to your exact needs and desires, for example by arranging staff presence and working hours to afford whatever level of service or privacy you desire.
- A private Butler to provide you with drinks, snacks, cool towels and whatever else you might need. Mineral water, tea and Bali coffee are all complimentary. Soft drinks, beers, spirits and wines are available at cost price from the bar. Our wine list offers you a choice of over 100 bottles from around the world and is complemented by a spirits selection and a cigar menu.
- A professional Chef to serve you lunch, dinner and snacks when you feel like dining in. We have an extensive in-villa dining and snacks menu which includes both Western and Asian cuisine along with Balinese delights.
- Complimentary full breakfast every day - see our breakfast menu for more details.
- Comfortable car and chauffeur/guide for the duration of your stay so that you can explore Bali to your heart's content. Airport pick-ups and drop-offs are of course included (we can also organise VIP clearance though the airport for an additional charge). Fuel is billed at cost.
- Complimentary daily laundry and pressing service (dry cleaning can also be arranged and is charged at cost).
- Baby-sitting / child-minding service on demand, charged at cost.
- 24h security service.
T h e A m e n i t i e s
- Pre-stocked bar and fridge with soft drinks, beer, spirits, snacks etc. and house red and white wine, all available at cost prices.
- State-of-the-art Nespresso coffee machine with a full range of gourmet coffees available.
- Professional Jari Menari massage tables, yoga mats, meditation cushions and exercise equipment.
- Designer Mandalay Dreams toiletries provided in partnership with Bali’s internationally-acclaimed boutique spa products creator, Republic of Soap.
- Unlimited complimentary broadband (6 Mbps) wi-fi throughout the house and grounds.
- 42-inch and 32-inch High Definition LCD TVs with an extensive range of international channels available via satellite.
- 5.1 Surround Sound System.
- DVD and Blu-ray players with 300+ movies available.
- Pre-loaded Apple TV providing a choice of music (5,000+ tracks), movies and TV shows.
- PlayStation 3 with a wide selection of games.
- A variety of board games.
- i-pod / i-phone docks with integrated CD players in the main living area and all bedrooms and an i-pod / i-phone dock in the car.
- Laptop (with Skype, headset and webcam), printer, scanner, copier and fax (via internet).
- Guest mobile phone provided for contacting your chauffeur/guide and Concierge when you’re away from the villa (NB the villa also has excellent cell phone reception).
- Digital safety deposit boxes in all bedrooms.
- High chair, cot, baby-gate, car seats and baby-proofing available on request, all at no extra charge.
E n v i r o n m e n t a l a n d S o c i a l C o m m i t m e n t
Mandalay just would not be Mandalay without its surroundings, the beautiful jungle and rice terraces and the local Balinese people and culture. So we are naturally passionate about looking out for them.
O u r E n v i r o n m e n t a l C o m m i t m e n t i n c l u d e s :
- Sourcing all wood used in the house from either eco-friendly renewable sources or recycled timber.
- An Eco Patrol air conditioning system which analyses human movement to adjust its power, therefore ensuring that it never operates unnecessarily. As air-conditioning is by far and away our biggest energy consumer, this makes a very significant difference to our overall environmental footprint.
- An energy-efficient lighting system.
- The use of environmentally-friendly cleaning products.
- A policy of sourcing fruit and vegetables locally in order to cut down on packaging and waste while at the same time supporting the local community and providing you with fresh, organic - and therefore supremely tasty - food.
- Providing fresh mineral water through refillable water coolers rather than individual bottles in order to cut down on plastic consumption.
- If you wish, you can also help us to further reduce our environmental footprint, for example by choosing to have your towels and bed linen laundered less frequently or by on occasion requesting your staff to cool the villa by switching on the ceiling fans and opening the doors and windows instead of utilising the air conditioning system, which will also allow you to enjoy a true tropical Bali living experience.
O u r S o c i a l C o m m i t m e n t i n c l u d e s:
- A close relationship with the local banjar, or community organisation, to ensure that we exist in harmony with the local area. We also make a regular financial contribution to their community work.
- A policy of hiring staff from the local villages wherever possible.
- The sourcing of products and services from the local area wherever possible.
- The organisation of complimentary experiences for our guests to visit the local villages and engage with the real Bali, untainted by tourism, in close cooperation with the banjar. These experiences include attending local ceremonies and dances, visiting a family home, seeing the making of traditional offerings, exploring the local countryside, and visiting the village temple accompanied by the local priest. Your Concierge will be happy to organise any of these experiences for you and to accompany you as guide and translator.